- Core Values
To be a centre of excellence in teaching, research and service provision towards empowering communities in the Great Lakes region and beyond, bridging academics with community and institutional based development for healthy, peaceful, prosperous and sustainable development.
The mission for GLUK is the development of effective concerned managers, leaders with a vision for effective transformation of socio-economic development in the Great Lakes Region of Eastern Africa and beyond.
Gluk's core values and principles revolve around upholding the dignity of all people through:
- Responsible and prudent stewardship and accountability of resources
- Maintaining high standards of integrity and honesty;
- Promoting justice in health and development, sensitive to marginalizing factors
- Promoting inclusive democratic participation
- Mutual respect in diversity
- Building healthy, inclusive communities in diversity.