Enter your email address and password in theWebMail Login form found on the top-left side of the GLUK webite Home Page.
Click Login Button and you will be sent to the webmail control panel.
Webmail Control panel
Once you login you will see the webmail control panel (cpanel) which offers various options on how to view and administer your email account.
The current version of the webmail cpanel gives you the option of viewing emails using one of three email clients.
You can try alll three and selecty one that fits your needs.
To try all three:
- Click on the logo of the mail client you wish to use
- Once you are in the inbox you can freely use the features offered by the email client
- If you are done evaluating, click back to return to the cpanel and try a different email client
- Note: Any changes you make in one email client will be reflected on the others.
Other Cpanel options
- Change Password
- Auto Responders
- Configuring Mail Client e.g. Outlook
- Box Trapper
- Email Delivery Route
- Email Filtering
1. Change Password
This option allows you to enter a new password for your webmail account. It is imortant to enter a relatively complex password
- using letters, numbers, and symbols. This will ensure that you official GLUK email address is secure, and can not be used by malicious parties.
- You can use the password generator if you can not come up with a strong enought password of your own.
- Make sure that your new password is something you can remember easily, and do not write it down where it can be easily accessed if at all.
- Your new password will need your new password the next time you login to webmail.
If a mailbox exists for the forwarded address, mail will still be delivered to the mailbox as well as being forwarded. For example: You can have your emails forwarded to hotmail, but a copy will be stored in your GLUk webmail account inbox.
Email can also be forwarded to a special :fail: address - this in effect discards the email, and is useful if you receive lots of spam at a particular address.
Email can also be forwarded (or "piped") to a program or script for processing...
Forwarders allow you to send a copy of all mail from one email address to another. Email forwarding can also redirect email going to one address and send it to several other addresses without the sender knowing. It can also forward email going to several different addresses to a single email address. You can forward emails to any address, not just those under your own domain name e.g. hotmail, yahoo and gmail.
3. Auto Responders
Step 1: To access the auto responders menu, click on the Auto Responders icon on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
Step 2: To add a new auto responder, click on the [Add Auto-responder] button.
Step 3: Enter the email address you wish to send the auto-responses from, the name you wish the message to come from, the subject of the auto-response email, select a character set from the drop-down menu and choose whether the message will be displayed in HTML format. Finally, type in the message in the Body field.