Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is a program that offers skills in use of technology to manage and support business related computer systems. The courses offers career-based training for the development of business information technology systems using varied programming techniques, and software and hardware configurations. This course is aimed at bridging the existing knowledge gap in organisational data storage, business continuity, disaster recovery, security, business analytics and optimisation and enterprise architecture.
After graduation, this course prepares you for the following careers
- Information Security Analyst
- ICT officer
- Software Engineer
- Full Stack Developer
- Computer Systems Manager
- Computer Network Architect
- Information Research Scientist
- Technical and Vocational Trainer
- To produce IT specialists capable of providing IT business solutions.
- To prepare professionals with high quality IT knowledge and skills so as to take care of IT business related matters.
- To develop IT solutions and so as to enhance business and organizational efficiency.
- Develop analytical and logical thinking, problem solving, communication skills and team work.
- Acquire business principals in real world perspectives.
Duration of the programme
- Four (4) academic years (Eight semesters).
Minimum Entry Requirements
- An aggregate grade of C+ and above in K.C.S.E and a minimum grade of C in Mathematics, English and Kiswahili C OR Relevant qualification approved by the University Senate
- Plan and implement computer applications in IT industry.
- Use Information Technology effectively in the work environment to analyse, identify and define organisation requirements and opportunities.
- Design, install and manage computer networked systems.
- Analyse the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal and policy issues.