Resource Mobilization Officer Job, Finance Jobs Kenya 2022,
Great Lakes University of Kisumu (GLUK) is a Chartered Private University in Kenya with the main campus based in Kisumu City and a learning center in Nairobi City. GLUK is established as a Centre of excellence bridging academics with community and institutional based development. GLUK is committed to maintaining high standards of education and training of professionals who are responsible stewards of resources and services in the society.
Applications are therefore invited from qualified candidates all across the country.
Job Title: Resource Mobilization Officer
- Develop strategies and Standard Operating Procedures that will help govern the operations of the department and to encourage new or increased contributions of financials, human and materials.
- In consultation with management, gather information on the financial needs of the University & priorities for purposes of resource planning, mobilization & allocation.
- Compile or develop materials like funding proposals to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
- Research potential sponsors with an intention to recruit sponsors, participants or volunteer staff members.
- Take lead in ensuring potential donors gain insights into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position the organization to them
- Create marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes
- Creating marketing, promotional activities and organizing campaigns that will lead to donations.
- Developing fundraising events and monitor progress of fundraising drives.
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas where money can be saved
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field (i.e Business Administration, Strategic Management) or any relevant field. Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- Have had at least 5 years of experience in a similar position with demonstrable Networking ability on multiagency both locally & internationally.
- Demonstrate a successful track record on the Resource directly mobilized through previous fundraising mechanisms for various projects.
- Ability to showcase effectiveness in prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into compelling development proposals
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to articulate a compelling case for philanthropic support.
- Donor engagement and commercial sector proven experience in grant winning proposal writing and documentation
How to Apply
Applicants to send Cover letter, CV and testimonials indicating the position applied for to:
The Human Resource Officer
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
P.O Box 2224-40100, Kisumu.
OR Send via mail to email@example.com Email subject line to read the position applied for. OR Hand drop to Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Kibos Campus. Applications to reach us by Tuesday, 8th February 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.