SECURITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Great Lakes University of Kisumu (GLUK) is chartered private University situated along Miwani-Kibos Road in Kisumu county in Kenya. The University has other campuses in Milimani (Kisumu town), Nairobi city (Westlands). The crime rate in Gluk is generally below average.
Open access to University Campuses is an essential ingredient of academic life but it is not without risks. Some security measures are therefore necessary to maintain a safe and secure environment for students, staffs and visitors.
To increase the feeling and perception of security, the University will develop and apply security controls measures and procedures which will be widely published. Security is not intended to be hindrance to academic activity but it’s an essential ingredient for the safe and efficient operation of the university.
To be the leading center for comprehensive security services provision among regional learning institutions.
To ensure provision of reliable and efficient security services to GLUK clientele in all its premises.
We are committed to provide security services by being timely and reliable in meeting of our clients’ security needs. We commit to develop and review time and again, a security system that is efficient and effective in ensuring a safe learning environment at GLUK.
The security department is responsible for the effective operation and enforcement of security policy and procedures.
- TEAM WORK
- All security operation in GLUK, its campuses and study center
- Other stakeholders(visitors and contractors)
The objectives of this policy are to;
- Ensure that quality of our security services meets standards of the law and satisfy students, staffs and all other stakeholders.
- Provide guidance in development and implementation of our internal security procedures and our best practices
- Assist in monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the security systems.
- Enhance strategic participatory security for crime management and prevention.
- Develop capacity I disaster response.
- Create awareness on crime prevalence to students and staff.
- Create liaison with other security agencies to enhance concerted efforts in fighting crime.