The Ministry of ICT in collaboration with the Great Lakes University of Kisumu hereby invite all students to a FREE Ajira Digital Program training.
Date: To be Communicated
Time: 8:00am to 4:30pm daily.
Venue: Garang’ Hall
Requirements: The training is free, and the ministry of ICT will facilitate the training
We shall require:
- 150 -200 students with laptops for the first cohort 1
- a venue with internet, tables and chairs.
- Student will carry their own lunch or the university can provide
Those students trained in Ajira digital and other students with online work experienced will form part of the club. During the week we shall register club members and induct them the following week.
Objective:· Ajira Digital Club initiative focuses on creating an environment for work generation and skills development to meet the demand and supply side on job create. The aim is to inculcate a culture of innovations and entrepreneurship as a source of income. It is a component of the Ajira program that aims to create awareness on the future work and business opportunities and impart students with the right skills to enable them use technology to access online work and business opportunities that can generate sustainable income.institutions in Kenya. The club is being launched in each university and is open to all the students with different majors
- The student must have been trained on Ajira and registered on the Ajira portal
- Possess a laptop
- In the club , registers and joins a skills teams which includes but not limited to the following:
- Digital marketing
- Content and article writing
- Data Entry
- Virtual Assistance
- Innovators and application developers
- Entrepreneurs etc
To drive demand for work, the Universities are requested to set up BPOs to source for work from public and private sector and disburse to students and community.
The clubs have a constitution and works within the university management with a patron. They meet every week to brief on the :
- General working, Tech-Talks, Alumni
- Training and mentor ship( the club acts as mentors for those newly trained on Ajira and the university community)
- Source for work
- Community Development
- Discussion on the club domain areas -eg. Innovations
- Fortnight Partners meet them on areas (capacity building on specific topics and skills, Tech-Talks, recruitment for employment etc)
- MOICT/Ajira secretariat meets club leaders quarterly per region to discuss emerging issues on the digital jobs space
- Every year they organize for a jobs fair per regional before the National conference to all the members
- Conduct community awareness on Ajira & digital jobs and business opportunities for the youth on the digital space
Kindly register your name with the ICT department to book a slot for the training.
For more information, please call : Boniface Wakholi – 0726-974918