GREAT LAKES UNIVERSITY OF KISUMU (GLUK) is a private chartered university offering degree and other programmes in various disciplines including Health Sciences, Community Development, Education, Theology, Agribusiness, Business Administration, IT among others. The University is looking for highly qualified, experienced and motivated team player personnel to fill the position Tutorial Fellows in Clinical Medicine and Public Health (to be stationed at Nairobi CORC) and Chief Security Officer
- Tutorial Fellows (Clinical Medicine and Public Health)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing related course outlines;
- Lecturing in relevant courses;
- Assessing students on Industrial attachment;
- Setting, moderating and marking examinations;
- Guiding students in practicals.
Requirements for Appointment
The successful candidate should have /be:
- A minimum of Masters Degree in the relevant field;
- Three years teaching experience at the University or tertiary level;
- Practice Licence from the relevant regulatory body;
- PhD holders will have an added advantage.
- Chief Security Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising other security personnel
- Ensuring security of visitors of the University and create reports thereof
- Enforcing traffic discipline within the University
- Making regular security surveys and summary reports on University security
- Preventing and reporting any theft or loss of GLUK properties
- Handling welfare matters of security staff such as uniforms, leave roster, off duty, duty rota
- Monitoring movement of vehicles and assisting the transport officer on security of the vehicles (e.g parking places, accidents, inspections etc)
- Coordinating outsourced security services and internal security operations
- Handling staff security cases and security administrative issues
- Collecting and gathering intelligence data/information
- Compiling security reports
- Assisting the University authorities in maintaining law and order
- Assisting the University in day to day administration of students hostels (specifically evicting unauthorized occupants/intruders)
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Requirements for appointment
- At least a bachelors degree in security related studies from a recognized institution
- A Masters degree in security studies or equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must have served as a Security Officer for a minimum of 5 years in a similar setting
- Having served as a Police Officer , Intelligence Service Security will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copy of certificates &testimonials to email email@example.com or hard copy addressed to the address below and sent to Human Resource Office Kibos Campus not later than 16th March, 2020.
Human Resource Manager,
Great Lakes University of Kisumu,
P.O. Box 2224-40100,
GLUK is an equal opportunity employer: Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. “Only short listed candidates will be contacted”.